Immigration project reflection

Immigration project reflection

This semester I picked a book called Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas. At first I didn't have knowledge of this book. All I knew was that it was about a Iranian family that immigrated to America. I choose this book because it tells you how an Iranian famliy comes to America and discovers all the American cultures. This book was about a girl named Firoozeh Dumas and her family that moved to America because of her dads work. Her dad was sent to America to talk about the Iranian oil company. This book was told by Firoozeh, and it was about her life. She talks about all her adventures, her dads work life, her marriage, and her ups and downs. We had to do a post every week about what we read. It was like an on line lit circles. You couldn't really communicate with your partners because it was a blot post and it was hard. All you could communicate with is comments on why you liked their post.
For my painting I decided to make a book cover. The book cover was basically a picture of the United States but with a tweak. I decided to put a little star with the word Iran on top of it. That meant that there are Iranians there living there. They were in California because in the book it says that they moved to California. The book cover painting basically means that they are a very small country and they brought their country to America. The family is just one spec of dust in a house so they're just one family compared to America. I didn't really add that much detail into my painting mainly because it wasn't very creative but thats all I could think of right now. I do think that I could have been more creative when sketching my painting.
My interview went very well I recorded it on my Ipod so that I can type it up and turn it in. I didn't mess up it seemed. I didn't ask to personal questions. They seemed to have had a good time in the interview. I do feel that I kind of rushed through it. I don't know why but I was feeling like I wanted to get over it but still I didn't. I asked him a lot of questions. It went really good. I have to admit that I was not focused on him sometimes I kind of got distracted with stuff in the room or I started playing with my hands. At the end we talked about what I was going to do for him and I told him that I was going to do a painting. I am not the best artist but my paintings are nice.

No comments: